Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
Manga is obviously a class player but a combination of injuries and African Nations commitments adversely affected his time with us. Throw in his hefty salary and he is a luxury we can no longer afford.

While both Hudson and Turner were quality championship players and loyal servants neither were good enough for the premiership.

The question is are Bamba, Morrison and Connelly good enough to make the top 6? Personally I believe we will need an upgrade if we are going to be contenders.
Agree with the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs

The "luxury we can't afford" in your 1st paragraph depends on our ambition and what we can get him to accept to stay.

I see Manga as a John Stones type of player in that he is so much a better footballer than your run of the day mill centre halves. Like Stones, he is prone to making errors because of his style of play, unlike say a no nonsense player like Bamba.

If we were to be in a position for promotion this time next year, after VT and NW have 'performed' then we will need to recruit Bruno Manga type players, i.e. those who can cut it the next level up.

Use all your nous to keep him here Neil and make the figures tally