+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Noone to go

Noone to go

According to WOL

Great player on his day but has fallen in a rut here. Best for both parties

Re: Noone to go

Surely we need to trim the squad.

I enjoyed seeing Nooney when he was at his best but he has been far too inconsistent.

No great surprise to see him go, good luck to him. I am pretty confident that there will be interest for him from fellow championship clubs so with a bit of luck we will get a decent fee & also one of our bigger earners will be off the wage bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I enjoyed seeing Nooney when he was at his best but he has been far too inconsistent.

No great surprise to see him go, good luck to him. I am pretty confident that there will be interest for him from fellow championship clubs so with a bit of luck we will get a decent fee & also one of our bigger earners will be off the wage bill.
    There will be some interest only from clubs with a poor scouting network who have not watched him play for the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    There will be some interest only from clubs with a poor scouting network who have not watched him play for the last 3 years.
    We should throw Whitts into the deal for free 😉

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Surely we need to trim the squad.

I'd miss these gags more than Noone if he went.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It often happens in football when the perception of a player differs from the reality. No doubt there will be some Manager's who will remember the way he played away to Man City & have that at the front of their minds when making a judgement. There is no doubt that Noone has ability, it's just getting him reach the same standards week in week out that is the problem & at 29 it is unlikely that will change.

Should have left 2 years ago, decent player at times but too many poor performances for me

Major problem with Noone is he picked up a new contract during or just after the Premier League run. Thus inflating his wages. We have seen managers then wanting to use him for his ability, but also wanting to get rid of him to clear up space on the wage bill.

The managers are torn between isolating him to force him to move, or to play him to put him in the shop window.

I still think the problem will be that there are no clubs willing to take on the wage, rather than take on the player.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Major problem with Noone is he picked up a new contract during or just after the Premier League run. Thus inflating his wages. We have seen managers then wanting to use him for his ability, but also wanting to get rid of him to clear up space on the wage bill.

The managers are torn between isolating him to force him to move, or to play him to put him in the shop window.

I still think the problem will be that there are no clubs willing to take on the wage, rather than take on the player.
    Do you post on ***** board?

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...8a97942d467346

For what its worth I prefer Noone to Harris but in Warnock we trust

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

I don't post or read the other board, but it seems obvious that this is the case, to me anyway.

Im sure most of our recent managers would have looked to have got rid of him to bring in some cash and free up a wage or two. Its a similar case with Pilkington.

Probably that well known poster copynpaste

I'd replace both ,if its true about Harris wants a better offer and is holding back on signing a new contract , in my view he has to earn it ,he yet to fully develop his game , shown great promise this year,however a decent offer for either may have to be grabbed with both hands to fit our affordability .

Banned

He haven't had much game time under NW, losing one of our more skillful players and keeping some of the cart horses don't bode well.
    Better off outing Hoilett.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Probably that well known poster copynpaste
    CopYnpAstE

Sell Noone and go all out for Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    According to WOL

Great player on his day but has fallen in a rut here. Best for both parties
    Can you remind me what day that was please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    He haven't had much game time under NW, losing one of our more skillful players and keeping some of the cart horses don't bode well.
    Better off outing Hoilett.
    Taking the contrary view eh? Interesting....