+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 221 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;4741937]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

Just out for 147 off 67 balls, what an indictment it is of the England selectors that Stevens has not played senior international cricket at any level.
    Go back to our sides 10/12 years ago. Where'd he have fitted in exactly? Flintoff was always the top dog.

Stevens at our place on Friday was a nightmare with the ball, forever been a thorn in our side

[QUOTE=Alex!;4742021]
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Go back to our sides 10/12 years ago. Where'd he have fitted in exactly? Flintoff was always the top dog.

Stevens at our place on Friday was a nightmare with the ball, forever been a thorn in our side
    Flintoff missed plenty of matches through injury during his career - I think Stevens could have played then.

I've seen a proper all rounder being defined as someone who is good enough to get into a team as a batter and bowler on merit. Throughout most of Stevens' career, I've tended to think that he wasn't good enough at the latter to fulfill that criteria, but he's made me change my mind in recent years and you only have to look at his record with Kent lately to see that he is in their best two or three bowlers.

In test cricket, I'd still doubt that Stevens could ever have been anything other than a fourth, or even fifth seamer, but, apart from Botham, Flintoff and Stokes I cannot think of other England all rounders who have fulfilled that good enough to get in as a batsman and bowler criteria in my lifetime and I can certainly think of worse players than Stevens who have won test caps for England as all rounders (e.g. Ian Greig, Chris Cowdrey, David Capel, Adam Hollioake).

It's in one day cricket though that I feel Stevens has been particularly hard done by - I'd say there's even a case for picking him in the fifty and twenty over teams now.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    It's not getting any better......facing a score of over 400 they lose an early wicket and then somebody gets themselves run out, stupid or what

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41319

It's not getting any better......facing a score of over 400 they lose an early wicket and then somebody gets themselves run out, stupid or what

Had you not posted these links I would not have bothered to look at the score. I have given up on the four day stuff as they are so poor. To have another run out is inexcusable. There have been a number already this season. This will be another heavy defeat.

All we got to look forward to is the T20s and I bet that will be over after the first few games. We're shit.

The club will need to attract a qualityoverseas signing to drum up any interest in T20. The authorities don't help though. There was no need to go straight to semi finals in the Royal London Cup. They could have had quarter finals to keep more counties involved.

Not really.
    Yet another game only half way through and an innings defeat looks inevitable

To be fair, they are playing the team who are likely to win the league this season, but, even so, that was a stereotypical Glamorgan four day batting performance with all of the experienced batsmen failing and only a couple of youngsters suggesting they might be able to cope - Glamorgan will struggle to take the match beyond tea time today if, as I assume they will, Notts enforce the follow on.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To be fair, they are playing the team who are likely to win the league this season, but, even so, that was a stereotypical Glamorgan four day batting performance with all of the experienced batsmen failing and only a couple of youngsters suggesting they might be able to cope - Glamorgan will struggle to take the match beyond tea time today if, as I assume they will, Notts enforce the follow on.
    It's shaping up to be a comprehensive defeat.

This is beginning to look like yet another terrible season .

I sometimes wonder If it would be better to introduce promotion/relegation from the minor counties so Glamorgan could go down, regroup and maybe bring on some local talent.

As it stands this is fast becoming a pointless exercise with a disinterested public .

Live stream here for anyone who is brave enough to watch it.
    http://www.glamorgancricket.com/stream.html

They've managed to make it to day 4 tomorrow, the might even manage to save being beaten by an innings

They've managed to make it to day 4 tomorrow, the might even manage to save being beaten by an innings

Better. Very slow going but at least they are making Notts work for the win. Ingram and Cooke are both very talented players who underachieve in the four day stuff. They need to try and see out the first session tomorrow and take it from there

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Better. Very slow going but at least they are making Notts work for the win. Ingram and Cooke are both very talented players who underachieve in the four day stuff. They need to try and see out the first session tomorrow and take it from there
    Ingram and Cooke are still together and we're 60 odd in front

Hope I haven't jinxed them

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Live stream here for anyone who is brave enough to watch it.
    http://www.glamorgancricket.com/stream.html
    Do they stream all the games, or this was a one off?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Do they stream all the games, or this was a one off?
    All home games are streamed, with a static camera synced to the live commentary.

They got the draw in the end. Ingram and Cooke partnership making 268. Great effort from where they were Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    They got the draw in the end. Ingram and Cooke partnership making 268. Great effort from where they were Saturday.
    Fair play that was a great effort to scrape a draw out of a lost cause.
    There's still hope yet. Onwards and upwards and all that bollocks.

How much better was that? Ingram and Cooke are high quality players and proved that today. They showed real grit and determination to bat through the entire day.

Credit to Ingram & Cooke for a really good effort to save the game. Also credit to those who sat through it as at less than 2.5 per over it must have been a pretty boring spectacle

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Credit to Ingram & Cooke for a really good effort to save the game. Also credit to those who sat through it as at less than 2.5 per over it must have been a pretty boring spectacle
    Yep painfully slow. Usually Glammy score at 4/5 an over but get bowled out inside 60 overs. This was proper batting today.

First Team

Remarkable draw and I certainly didn't see that coming.
    Maybe something to build on?

When was the last time glammy batted all day and never lost a wicket?