Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
quite an accusation and a damning judgement of our intelligence service ? ? you must be seeing things again

Not really, just the way our country is, or maybe its Europe, we will see soon enough, from what i have seen on the news ( and specials ) the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) doesnt help us alot

We know our intelligence do a great job, I bet its a very frustrating job, they have a massive list with people they know have the know how / will to commit a terrorist attack / support in an attack / raise funds for a terror group / radicalise others, yet still have to sit and watch them, maybe is the Security services and police were given a free'er reign then they could do more

as for America, I know they use different methods, does it work better ? ? not being in the field, i couldnt really tell
Which bits of the ehrc would you like to see changed to help the Intelligence services do a better job of protecting the country? What would you like them to be able to do?

Rather than being inhibited by some liberal agenda they are probably prevent from doing more because they aren't funded well enough. Makes me wonder a little bit whether trident is worth it right now.

I ask about America because Omar Mateen was known to authorities in America and was investigated for connections to terrorism.

More information about these watchlists would be useful. How often are these people later found to have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism? I would imagine quite often they are associates who are in no way connected. I lived with a guy at uni for 2 years, we later found out that for 4 years he had been stealing thousands of pounds from his employer. None of us had a clue until we randomly searched his name on the internet.