Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
Sorry fell asleep before replying of course you could not prepare an exclusion zone around places like Oxford Street ,thats not what's being discussed .

My point and apologies for not being clearer , you could at the larger events, that attract the larger crowds, as its the impact they are looking for .

Take the venues in our own city and then consider could you cordoned them off with a perimeter zone ,I think you could, not perfect but doable ,at least it provides some protection ::

Motorpoint.
SWALEC Stadium.
Principality Stadium.
Cardiff City Stadium .
Millennium Centre.

This is about doing something .

I'm suprised you've not added some ideas into the discussion .

My post is attempting to simply stimulate debate and suggest we should do something to protect the innocent ,who in the main are families going to these large events , and large events could be better controlled than they are now , as with politicians and critics , it's easy to pick holes , but harder to come up with answers and workable solutions .

In my humble view you could protect larger groups of people better at larger events , by cordening off streets and venue areas, having designated pick up points, secured seperate ,various exits , scanning points, not perfect but something better than exists now.

Oh and no bags at venues for attendees or pick ups.

With that in place , will it happens again I guess so ,but with most attacks they seem to move onto something different we have not thought of , once it's been tried a few times .
What you describe sounds like a bloody nightmare. It would put me off ever going to see a gig or a match ever again. Which is just what the terrorists want.