Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
Rock and roll is about getting the crowd going, entertaining...

Kiss are far from the best songwriters in the world, but give kick ass performances live.

Radiohead can do that at Glastonbury for the simple fact the audience is for the most part people there because it's Glastonbury, couldn't give a toss who the bands are.

There's no comparison between Hendrix and Radiohead...
Interesting point of what rock and roll is all about.
There are times in most artist's sets when the tone is quieter. At that point it's not to get the crowd going.
Different gigs will have different atmospheres.
If you want to get up and dance, then Katy Perry would be the girl over Adele. If you want to slash your wrists, then it's Adele every day.
I know Kiss are a good live band, seem them quite a few times.
Neil Young, who I've seen over 30 times has his quiet, reflective moments and then goes full out bat crazy (horse) !!
Music is about the connection between the artists and listener, which will depend upon the mood of both.
That's why a LOT of Hendrix fans would listen to every note and the gaps between the notes.
Certainly not comparing the incomparable, but there are a few musical artists who follow Jimi's lead, such as Radiohead, Young Neil and my friend John Hammond Jr who will play different sets in different ways and not necessarily what you expect.