Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
I posted a few years back about this, a work colleague of my wifes went to a " pride march "
he wore a leopard print thong and a feather boa ( if my memory is right ) and minced around the entire day

i asked " why the need to go over the top with the mincing ? ? "

we know you are gay, you really do not need to wear such a " outfit to shock " and that is all it was, a outfit to shock, it had nothing to do with being gay

if you are gay, get on with it, no need to shout " look at me, look at me " which brings me to the little Britain sketch, they went overboard with it, but it was acceptable because Lucas is gay ? ? ?

are " pride marches " really to " to challenge the abuse and discrimination, and for mutual support and solidarity " or are they designed to shout " look at me being gay " ? ? ?

Oh and the term " mincing " is not meant to be a derogatory term ( though i can predict a few who will take offence at it ) , we all know the over the top campness that some gays act like
Look it's blue Matt with anecdotal evidence that's something new!

I think the real question is what's your problem with mincing about? Pride marches are to both challenge the abuse and discrimination and about look at me I'm gay and proud of it, hence the word pride.

What little Britain sketch did they go overboard with?

The worst thing about this post though is using "work colleague" how many other types of colleague do you get?