Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
How is it a flawed idea? By far the best solution to alleviate parking pressure on site.

Ok, so your revolutionary idea of building the carpark ( I believe the company charging took on the cost of building the car park ) or expanding ( and where exactly is it meant to expand - you want to compulsary purchase nearby houses? ) is itself flawed.

There are many things that could be done. Improve public transport. Car share for those on the same shifts. Park and ride from external sites. The reality is there are plenty of staff who park in surrounding roads causing problems and simply not giving a f*ck. They soon give a f*ck when they get ticketed. Christ, a neighbour had one twat park in his driveway!
Are patients meant to use it? I had crippling stomach surgery when I was a teenager. The idea that for our outpatient visits my mum would have to drive to the park and ride and then we would need to get on a bus to attend the visits is just absurd.

As for the rant at the end, as Lector said, you are mixing two completely different issues. The people running the hospital car park don't give people tickets for parking in your road. The people parking in your road are most probably doing it for one of 2 reasons:

1. They don't want to pay to park at work
2. They can't find a space to park at work

How do we solve the problem of people parking in your road? More spaces and don't charge for hospital parking. Job done.