Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
It was a good performance. It wasn't a promotion type performance. That's what people here are talking about, I saw nothing in the game yesterday that said promotion. Did you?
Remember that first game we played in red back in 2012 when we scraped a 1-0 win over a Huddersfield side that had come up through the Play Offs thanks to a very late Mark Hudson goal? We were poor that night and could,and maybe should, have lost the game, yet we ended up winning the league that year.

I'm not saying we're going to win the Championship this year (in fact, I don't feel we've got enough at the moment to finish in the top six), but I'd be interested to know how you define a "promotion type performance"? Is it one where the opposition are buried under wave after wave of silky and spectacular attacking play or is it a hard fought and dour beating of a highly rated rival? If it it's the first, then no one in the league has managed a performance like that so far and if it's the second we haven't had the chance to win a game like that yet - we got the job done yesterday against limited, but awkward, opponents, that will do me fine for starters.