Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
I was surprised by the warm up on Saturday. Blackwell was working with Peltier, Bamba, Morrison and Manga whilst Bennett was doing some ball work well away from them with Jazz. I thought that was a big clue that we were going with four at the back (Manga as RB) and Bennett was going to play wide left. Maybe that was intended to confuse Nigel Clough (it confused me) or maybe Warnock intended to change to a four later in the game with that line up at the back. In the end his substitutions (taking Manga and Tomlin off) worked brilliantly. But there have been a few indications (including the Livingston game) that Warnock is prepared to use Manga in different positions - not just as centre back.
We played that exact formation against Huddersfield on the last game of the season. I was confused by Bennett not warming up with the defenders but there we go! Bamba and Tomlin were straight swaps for Connolly and Tomlin, otherwise it was the same side that cruised to a 3-0 win.

Bamba and Manga will get moved about this season I think. Presumably Manga, despite his paycut, will still be one of our top earners so I don't think we'd have brought him back to be 3rd choice centre half.