Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Er, I told you why the 2012/13 promotion to the top flight is unique in Cardiff City's history in the post above yours.

Last time I looked, the Championship was decided over forty six games, not the last twelve of a forty six match season - your attempts to rubbish our achievement is akin to someone trying to say Chelsea didn't deserve to win the Premier League last season because they only took one point from their three games in September!

I'll take your word for it that we only took seventeen points from our last twelve matches in 2013/13, but when you end up eight points clear of anyone else, does that matter? The 2012/13 Championship was like a 1,500 metres race where the winner takes the lead after the first lap, then puts in two very fast laps which break the spirit of the chasing pack, thus making the final 400 metres a procession.

I'm not going to get involved in Malky Mackay v Vincent Tan arguments in which I have said all I wanted to on the subject many times already over a period of four years or more, but this view that I hear from quite a few City fans that our title win in 12/13 is somehow devalued because of what happened in the following twelve months annoys me - we won the league by a street that year and that isn't altered by the fact that everyone at the club, apart from David Marshall, cocked up to varying degrees the following season.
I'm pretty certain that if we'd finished strongly but missed out on promotion certain posters would not be quoting that string of games as being significant. The results across the season would then I'm sure be deemed far more important.

We were also promoted with 4 games to go so hardly the normal competitive end-of-season environment to keep us right on our toes. Winning the league by 8 points cannot be dressed up as some kind of failure no matter how much it suits your agenda.