Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
It will help our league promotion hopes because Zohore, Gunnersson, Ralls etc will be well rested for the QPR game, Bogle, Ward, Tomlin and Connelly got matches under their belts. We didnt go out with a wimper either - should have won, with a number of chances created. Also why do you say 'outside' in your post, not the most optimistic 'fan' are you. Look at the league table, the way we have been playing and what most of the pundits are saying now and you will see that not everyone shares your view. According to Mr. Warnock we are all in 'cloud cuckoo land' anyway and rightly so, taking account of what we have witnessed so far and there's nothing wrong with that.
There is no evidence to back up putting out weakened teams in certain games helps the cause. Both Lincoln and Burnley in recent seasons have won promotion after going on lengthy cup runs.
Our best 11 would have probably beaten Burton last night, ensuring progress in a cup we got so lose to winning. Add to that the feel good factor and gaining a winning mentality, and I think it out weighs reasons for resting players.
It's all about opinions though, and that's mine. You and everyone else is entitled to theirs.
I also think we are outsiders to go up this season. That's not me being negative. Once again it's my opinion. I'd love us to go up, but I'd also love to see us go on another cup run.
The whole idea of playing footbal, or any other sport, is to try and win things.