Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
I'm not sure why people want to compare it with any other country, the point was, education standards are failing in Wales and that's concerning, I have no idea why the usual suspects think that spending vast amounts of money are the answer to teaching children to add up and take away, reed and rite and actually turn up for school.
Apparently you have deliberately missed the obvious point that was made.
The point is - how can Wales be compared with England? Overall they almost certainly very different, socially, economically, demographics, communications, average earnings, health, wealth etc etc etc..

Now if you compared Wales with a combined area of 'similar-to-Wales' counties - say Derbyshire, Yorkshire, Tyne & Wear and Cumbria, you might get a very different set of results. We might not look so 'behind' after all.

Now lets compare both of those with say : Berkshire, Hertfordshire, Sussex and Surrey...

Again, I don't want to defend poor Education standards - not in Wales, nor anywhere!

It is frustrating to see yet more Wales bashing after employing the usual wholly inaccurate 'comparison' model.