Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
In the days of true equality, why are we are not looking at why male suicides are so high in specific age groups, why the average life expectancy for a man is still lower than that of a woman, why there is so much emphasis on women being abused by men (with the emphasis that men in general are to be despised - which in turn is a firm of abuse), with barely any support for men who are being abused (not just physically).
The largely women led groups that are pushing through these agendas, don't want adult egalitarian conversations as it would highlight many areas where women are the abusers, through emotional, psychological and coercive control. This disempowers many men and sadly a number of those may react and retaliate in less subtle ways.
Those less subtle ways will make the headlines, reach the police / courts, affect custody of children, etc. However, many men need support and protection from the disempowering abuses from many women.
Of course there are many other reasons that many other men abuse women without there being any provocation from women.
We need to support women AND men, but there is very little, if any support for men.
If we are moving towards gender neutrality and egalitarianism, then we need to look after, support, protect and even guide men to a better quality of life.
On egalitarian front, I would love to see more women scaffolders, sewerage workers and other dirty and dangerous jobs.
I would also like to see no differentiation in men and women's sports.
Women should play equally against men at Wimbledon, golf and other sports and the prize money being shared to the best players overall, not being shared equally as to who the best women (over 3 sets) and who the best men are, as at present.
It's the pressure from women's group that wanted equal prize money at Wimbledon, as an example, that could potentially create more problems for women in the long run.
Selective equality is NOT equality.
This pic pretty much sums up the first part of your post and is one of the reasons I can't stand modern day feminism, I'm all for ballancing the scales when it comes to fairness and rights ect but they are starting to tip the scales the other way which will just create a whole new set of problems imo.
It's interesting that you say about male suicide rates because studies suggest that women are more unhappy now than they have ever been too, they are driving a wedge between men and women when they should be in harmony with each other.

I don't agree with the sports thing, they should not be mixed together imo, for a start 100% equality is an impossible task because men and women ARE different, if women's tennis brings in less revenue than men's tennis then tough luck I'm afraid, the prize money has to be set accordingly, getting the same prize money is not equal rights it's just equal pay, female topless models earn a hell of a lot more than male topless models, you don't hear men moaning about that do you? no because that's just the way it is and they accept that.