Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
OK. So it may only be a neighbourhood nuisance for the summer months but what about if your mainly outdoor dog barks when you are out even if it is kept indoors in the winter. However, it depends where you live, the property you live in and how often you are around to keep it company etc. You will need to choose the breed carefully. My neighbours have two Jack Russels and these dogs are driving me crazy to the point I am unable to use my garden next to their property as they pick up on every sound.
I would have a cull of all jack russells. I have a German Shepherd, and it's very rare indeed, that one doesn't try to have a go at her. It's got to the stage where if I am walking her off the lead and I see a jack russell approaching she is back on the lead pronto. This gutless breed of dog nearly always runs up to her, snarling, barking and growling, but usually stop within 10 feet. My main concern is that one will keep on going until quite close to my dog, and then she'll have it. I'm sure my dog after nearly six years of being tormented by these horrible little things will shake one half to death.

I have however, come across a couple where I live in Caerphilly that are no problem at all. It's the other 98% of the feckers

I guess it's down to the owner concerned to keep their jack russell from acting in such an aggressive manner. Most don't seem concerned in the least though