Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
Hi Sludge, First off, very sorry to read about your dad

Secondly, dogs as a pet, win every time for me!

They are good company, and they get you out of the house twice a day at least, for walkies. When they are a pup, they look cute and can be a bit of a babe magnet, whilst out walking over your local park. So you'll be quids in there.

Make sure you know what breed you prefer best. Or which pair of combined breeds. This needs careful research, but there is plenty of information out there on the internet for you to look out for.

I'm sure I've heard you mention you live in Bridgend? If so one of the best beaches in South Wales, Ogmore, is accessible to dog walkers all year round. It's just down the road from you too! Bonus!

I got my first dog from the dog's home in Cardiff, a German Shepherd, and have been in love with the breed, ever since. They are loyal, extremely intelligent, and very protective of their territory. So no bugger will ever break into your house whilst he or she is there. Unlike a wife or girlfriend, they are always extremely happy to see you, and make a huge fuss when you come back home after being out. Downside is, she (my current GS) molts a fair bit, and hates the postie, coz he fails to acknowledge her, or make a fuss of her when HE is on HER territory. Oh, and they can be a tie if you wish to go away shagging for the weekend. Unless of course said female hasn't got a cat, another dog, and hopefully likes dogs and dog walking

Hope this info helps
Thank you mate and yes the good old German shepherd is a mighty beast , bound to attract more women to me but I need to lay off the brut aftershave , it's an acquired taste