Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
I have been back on the forum for a few days, and in that time I have come to a reasoned conclusion that you are unable to comprehend any points being made.

My point is very very simple. We are not getting bombed left, right and centre. No-one is. There is little risk to anyone, even those living in New York, or London, getting blown up by a terrorist.

How many terrorist incidents have there been in the UK since 2001? How about before?

The facts are that the Government is happy to erode our privacy purely to protect us from a bomb every few years. And, because of all the fear mongering in the Murdoch owned press, we all meekly accept it because we are all under the illusion that there is a bomb about to go off at any moment.

Your post is filled with assumptions, and it is filled with contradictions.

My point about "brown people" is that the person who thinks it's ok to have more surveillance is supposing that these invasions of privacy will not affect him. The fact is, they do. Councils have used anti-terrorism legislation to punish people for putting the wrong items in the wrong recycling bins.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...in-crimes.html

What else?

Your post is daft, and you are dafter.
Your penultimate point about 'brown people' made no sense and was just a rant about councils and recycling bins 😨
I have a healthy disregard for councils and how their total mismanagement and abuse of power.
That, however does not mean my message has any less validity.
This recent incident appears rather pathetic, but if it had achieved it's target of deaths and significant casualties, would your argument remain.
It's not just about bombs 'going off every 10 years'.
Clearly elementary maths is not your strong point.
Actually what is your strong point, because you are totally missing the points that I raise.
It's about ALL the attacks in Britain and the rest of Europe, oh and the rest of the world.
Before 2001, there were terrorist attacks with more deaths and casualties due to the evil IRA.
IRA attacks ONLY occurred in Great Britain and Ireland.
Since 2001, virtually ALL attacks in Great Britain and Ireland, Europe and the rest of world have been as a result of the evil Muslims.
IRA terrosism was a British and Irish phenomenon.
Islamic terrorism is a worldwide phenomenon.
That does not mean ALL Muslims are evil, just those that perpetrate these acts, those who radicalise, those who hide them, support them, those who share their evil ideology, those who celebrate and smile at their actions.