Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
A question for TOBW or anyone else who was at the game. Whilst Paterson's attitude is being praised, which is pleasing to know, is there any indication from what you have seen that, when fit, Paterson will live up to his billing and walk into the first team ?
To be frank, he looked miles off first team level when I watched him a fortnight ago, but that was his first game in nine months, so it was hardly surprising. Yesterday it was obvious that he has come on a lot since then and he was something of an inspirational figure (captain Jamie Veale called him his idol in a post match Instagram message!).

I wouldn't be surprised if Paterson is seen on the sub's bench pretty soon after the international break (his versatility will help in that regard) and, to hear what Warnock has been saying about him since he signed for us, you'd think it wouldn't be long before he was our first choice right back, but that would mean him displacing Peltier who I reckon has been one of the first names on the team sheet since our manager arrived nearly a year ago.