Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Donald Trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Ditto......

Wales-Bales said:
    Yesterday 16:49
    Would we still be getting our poppies back without Trump? He's seems to be putting the breaks on the Looney Left.
    Multi-Quote This Message
    It's the environment he is creating that is effecting change, not necessarily him directly. It's the changes in policy direction which are having knock-on effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's the environment he is creating that is effecting change, not necessarily him directly. It's the changes in policy direction which are having knock-on effects.
    For the benefit of Gluey and Mrs R and anyone else who didn't understand the cheerleader post, I'm referring to things like this where Trump is being given credit for things that are nothing to do with him.

Although if you can show which parts of US policy that have changed in 2017 that had the necessary effect on FIFA then I am happy to take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    For the benefit of Gluey and Mrs R and anyone else who didn't understand the cheerleader post, I'm referring to things like this where Trump is being given credit for things that are nothing to do with him.

Although if you can show which parts of US policy that have changed in 2017 that had the necessary effect on FIFA then I am happy to take it back.
    Trump's entire UN address was anti-globalist. He was making the case for maintaing nation states. The poppy is a symbol of national identity. Are you getting the picture? ...

Trump's entire UN address was anti-globalist. He was making the case for maintaing nation states. The poppy is a symbol of national identity. Are you getting the picture? ...
    Well I'm a little unsure why FIFA, a federation of different countries, would want to help abolish countries.

Well I'm a little unsure why FIFA, a federation of different countries, would want to help abolish countries.
    Ditto the EU ...

Ditto the EU ...
    Ah right, the United States of Europe. So you think FIFA are thinking along the same lines? They're trying to get rid of all the countries so there's just one global football team?

Yeah, you might be on to something here.

Hold on. Who will the global team play against? Oh no, I've spotted a flaw in the masterplan!

Ah right, the United States of Europe. So you think FIFA are thinking along the same lines? They're trying to get rid of all the countries so there's just one global football team?

Yeah, you might be on to something here.

Hold on. Who will the global team play against? Oh no, I've spotted a flaw in the masterplan!
    There won't be any international football, only regional teams ... like in the erm, Champions League