Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
Course I see the difference but again I would say it's up to the individual. Of course i would be miffed if Bale played for England and some would be slagging off the FA for identifying Welsh/English qualified talent. Hargreaves came through the u21 with Brian Flynn whilst with B.Munich., he wanted to play for England and he did. I guess I mean you either want to play for Wales or you don't. Maybe England and the profile/agents/media could twist you're arm but the other way around seems more like a want. I'm happy with that.
That's a really good way of putting it. Despite the potential lure of bigger money and fame, a lot of the dual youngsters are now choosing Wales.

You've got to hand it to the whole of the FAW staff, and by that I mean the original influence of Gary Speed. He changed everything, and with that came a change in the old dinosaur suits that used to infest and strangle our potential.

Then I just looked up the head of the FAW Jonathon Ford, and this guy's appointment seems to have had a massive effect on our fortunes:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...cutive-2064559

Everything seems to have improved since this guy arrived into the role. The appointment of Speed, and everything since stems from this appointment IMO.

I remember banging my head as a kid, simply looking at the previous incumbents, David Collins and Alun Evans who seemed to exist simply as FA yes men.

This might be harsh, and I'm more than happy to be educated on the facts, but the new guy has definitely grabbed the whole thing by the horns and run with it. And hugely to our benefit.

:clap: