Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
I don't believe we are playing two sides that are equal to us.
Our players and management seem to have forgotten that just last year, we were Euro semi finalists, deservedly beating Belgium, Russia, etc.
Why has our mental attitude, technical abilities and tactical approach fallen to the lower standard of opposition, when we really are more capable than we are now believing.
I'm not being disrespectful to either team, or saying that either game will be easy.
However, we must have the team ethic and belief that we had last year.
The sum of all our parts are capable of beating significantly better teams than Georgia and Ireland.
Steady on there fella. We massively over achieved last summer, but I loved every minute of it. A decent squad with great team spirit and a bit of luck (it ran out when Ramsey got suspended), saw us almost pull off the impossible.
To expect us to achieve those heights again, even with an improved squad, is highly unlikely. That’s not me being negative. I’m being realistic. If we’d have carried on whet we left off, we’d be almost qualified now, but the fact we haven’t proves how difficult it is to maintain that sort of level in international football.