Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
I don't see why thinking it might be better for Coleman to move is disrespectful.

He has been amazing. But we can definitely improve on certain aspects of play.

We failed in this group because we conceded late goals against Serbia and Georgia. We lost those games because we have ZERO ideas once we have got ourselves ahead. We just sit back, hold on and hope they don't score. We could easily have conceded against Moldova and Georgia as well.

A lot is made of clean sheets and being unbeaten but I feel it covers up the reality, which is, we teeter on the edge with one goal leads and I feel that in the next campaign we could fall foul of the same weaknesses if we don't address it. Also, being unbeaten is no good if all your picking up is draws. Which is what happened.

I think Coleman should go because I have seen no progression on the "sit back and hold on" philosophy. If we were able to get in someone who knows how to defend by attacking or counter-attacking we will be able to ease pressure on the back 4, limit chances, and potential create more at the other end.

I'm not saying, scrap Coleman's work, I'm saying it's time to build on his work.

I think when this team is at full strength we could do much better against some of these teams with some calculated tweaks and some ideas from an outsider.
We didn't lose those games. We only lost tonight. We have not done well this campaign because we've been too cautious. We should have gone out and battered them tonight from the off. Vokes is a quality if one dimensional player, he should have started today and by now we should have found a found a way to play to his strengths. It's what we needed tonight. We need to replace Ashley Williams too, he's ****ing shit.