+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walkabout Cardiff in Cardiff City Centre - Exclusive deal for Cardiff City Fans from tomorrow night's SKY game Birmingham City v Cardiff City

Lightbulb Walkabout Cardiff in Cardiff City Centre - Exclusive deal for Cardiff City Fans from tomorrow night's SKY game Birmingham City v Cardiff City

Hi Guys,

I've not posted on here in a while - been lost in the wilderness of chinos..

However, here is my news..

Walkabout Cardiff are now under new ownership and management.
    With all the bad press they have had with Cardiff fans previously they want to draw a line in the sand and welcome back fans to the bar to watch our games (and other footie!).
    I work for the company that own them so have set up an agreement with them that ALL Cardiff fans can claim a 'Mates Rates' card when going into the venue to watch tomorrow's match (or any other game) which will get them discounted drinks.

This includes..
    £2 Carling, £2 Strongbow, £2.75 Heineken, 2 for £5 jagers, £2 spirit mixers inc vodka, jack daniels, captain morgans spiced and gordon's gin, AND 20% off food.

You can claim this card by going to the bar and saying you are a member of this messageboard, or a member of the CCFC Supporters Club.

So if anyone is looking for somewhere to watch the match in Cardiff tomorrow night - why not give Walkabout a go, any feedback from your visit is welcome and the manager is open to discuss how we can further build the relationship with them and the fans.

Any questions I will be happy to answer (where I can!)

p.s. Mike please sticky this!

Re: Walkabout Cardiff in Cardiff City Centre - Exclusive deal for Cardiff City Fans from tomorrow night's SKY game Birmingham City v Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by Ell. View Post
    Hi Guys,

With all the bad press they have had with Cardiff fans previously they want to draw a line in the sand and welcome back fans to the bar to watch our games (and other footie!).
    I work for the company that own them so have set up an agreement with them that ALL Cardiff fans can claim a 'Mates Rates' card when going into the venue to watch tomorrow's match (or any other game) which will get them discounted drinks.

This includes..
    £2 Carling, £2 Strongbow, £2.75 Heineken, 2 for £5 jagers, £2 spirit mixers inc vodka, jack daniels, captain morgans spiced and gordon's gin, AND 20% off food.

You can claim this card by going to the bar and saying you are a member of this messageboard, or a member of the CCFC Supporters Club.

So if anyone is looking for somewhere to watch the match in Cardiff tomorrow night - why not give Walkabout a go, any feedback from your visit is welcome and the manager is open to discuss how we can further build the relationship with them and the fans.

They can Feck Off

Re: Walkabout Cardiff in Cardiff City Centre - Exclusive deal for Cardiff City Fans from tomorrow night's SKY game Birmingham City v Cardiff City

Not for, me live too far away but hope it goes well, sounds a very fair offer.

Hi Guys,

This includes..

you do realise that city fans never forget, never move on and must feel hard dont by at all times ( maybe if you mentioned the owners were English, this would help )

this will never work but a nice gesture

I'm going in my City shirt for a love in at the Gatekeeper

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you do realise that city fans never forget, never move on and must feel hard dont by at all times ( maybe if you mentioned the owners were English, this would help )

this will never work but a nice gesture

Can only try it - the new owners/management are very pro football - unlike the previous.

All feedback is welcome.

No thanks, as above, City fans don't forget.
    Funny how they want us when we make it to cup finals and when we're flying.

Edit - Just seen the post above as well.

Jeez lads, the post said they are new owners. Whats this "we don't forget" stuff? Forget what, that someone who isn't there anymore was a dickhead? Whats the point in that? Move on and give the pace a chance. If its same old same old, well then boycott it. To punish someone who wasnt at fault in the first place and is trying to build bridges seems churlish in the extreme to me.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Jeez lads, the post said they are new owners. Whats this "we don't forget" stuff? Forget what, that someone who isn't there anymore was a dickhead? Whats the point in that? Move on and give the pace a chance. If its same old same old, well then boycott it. To punish someone who wasnt at fault in the first place and is trying to build bridges seems churlish in the extreme to me.
    this!

If we had new owners i'm sure all the anti-tan brigade would be back...

this!

If we had new owners i'm sure all the anti-tan brigade would be back...
    Or would they find something else to whine about ? ? ?

Need to put Matt in charge of your PR team there Ell.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    NQAT

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

seriously though, its a good gesture, most will admit to that

Feedback

Feedback is welcome.
    Is he still around?

A nice gesture, but why do they just sell crap beer?? Why not sell some real ale?? All the Walkabout sell is crap, bland pints of tosh. Carling, Heineken and Strongbow FFS !! REAL ALE PLEASE!!!!

Hi Guys,

This includes..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    A nice gesture, but why do they just sell crap beer?? Why not sell some real ale?? All the Walkabout sell is crap, bland pints of tosh. Carling, Heineken and Strongbow FFS !! REAL ALE PLEASE!!!!

They sell other beers - but these are the ones that they are able to do in this offer.

wouldnt go in there if it was the last pub in cardiff..
    they treated cardiff fans like shite

Don't sell yourself out for cheapness tom to the Vaults decent pub

Is it "plastic receptacles" and what time does the fighting start. ?

Not a bad offer if you like drinking fizzy piss, but like Mr Soul I'm in the real ale camp I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Well said

Hi Guys,

This includes..

A brilliant idea I’ll come in there if you ban all fat smelly egg feckers

John Smith's is the nearest I have seen the Walkabout sell, to real ale. And all that is, is fizzy tosh. Oh and Guinness, which is the best pint, of an extremely poor choice. Tell 'em to get some Doombar in please, at the very least :)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Not a bad offer if you like drinking fizzy piss, but like Mr Soul I'm in the real ale camp I'm afraid.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    John Smith'sis the nearest I have seen the Walkabout sell, to real ale. And all that is, is fizzy tosh. Oh and Guinness, which is the best pint, of an extremely poor choice. Tell 'em to get some Doombar in please, at the very least :)
    As a self-confessed real ale snob, I wouldn't drink that if you paid me.