+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bottle in the CCS

Bottle in the CCS

Quick question; do they allow bottles of pop to be taken into the stadium for Wales matches?
    I’m hoping to smuggle in some hooch disguised as coke!

Re: Bottle in the CCS

No bottles allowed at the gate I go in.

They allow water, that's all as far as I know.

I take bottles of pop in for the kids all the time. Just put it in my inside pocket. Could just as easily be booze.

Went to get my daughter to put her lid in the bin as a steward saw her unscrewing it on the way in and he waved her in. Have also taken mcdonalds/kfc.
    Guess it's dependant on the stewards.
    I'd just take booze in an oasis/sunny d type bottle, used to always do it with vodka orange.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Went to get my daughter to put her lid in the bin as a steward saw her unscrewing it on the way in and he waved her in. Have also taken mcdonalds/kfc.
    Guess it's dependant on the stewards.
    I'd just take booze in an oasis/sunny d type bottle, used to always do it with vodka orange.
    I took vodka orange in for the Playoff final back in 2009. No amount of booze could've prepared me for that awful day...

When I used to watch my local team when living in Korea, entrance was always free and they would always encourage you to take in as much food and booze as you could physically carry. Seeing businessmen wasted singing and dancing with their crates of cheap Korean spirits was fantastic.

Do they still make people throw away the bottle tops?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Do they still make people throw away the bottle tops?
    I think it depends on the individual.

If you look like someone who could throw a small plastic bottle top fifty yards with military precision and have someone’s eye out then they’ll make you throw them away. If you’re old/a kid/look sensible then they’ll leave you to it.

The fact that most people will have a pocket full of coins (which make for far better accuracy) seems to be lost on them.

I usually just hide it in my coat and see if they search me.

I take a small metal flask of tea or coffee into most games and never had a problem.
    I mean what greater risk could a steel missile shaped receptacle containing hot liquid have over a plastic bottle top?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I take a small metal flask of tea or coffee into most games and never had a problem.
    I mean what greater risk could a steel missile shaped receptacle containing hot liquid have over a plastic bottle top?
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I’d always assumed that they took the top of to make it less likely that you would throw a bottle without a top on it.

Well we all better be prepared for long queues now on Saturday !

THE CLUB DO READ (follow), this BOARD & others you know

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

THIS

In that case:

I like to hide stuff in my pockets so that the stewards have to frisk me. It really turns me on to have some middle aged man in a hi-viz jacket rubbing his hairy hands all over me. Sometimes I even lose a bit of man fluid. Roll on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    In that case:

I like to hide stuff in my pockets so that the stewards have to frisk me. It really turns me on to have some middle aged man in a hi-viz jacket rubbing his hairy hands all over me. Sometimes I even lose a bit of man fluid. Roll on Saturday.

It's better if you tell 'um you're a trannie and have a woman frisk you.

Oh well I guess I've spoilt it for 17000 fans Saturday. Dont worry it's only eggers who have a last pint and turn up late anyway, our lot are inside and sober 15 mins before KO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I’d always assumed that they took the top of to make it less likely that you would throw a bottle without a top on it.
    Just take an extra (spare) top in your pocket. It's not rocket sceience is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Just take an extra (spare) top in your pocket. It's not rocket sceience is it?
    But then you won’t have a top for your spare bottle?

You haven’t really thought this through have you?

Three bottles taken in with lids on, in a bag carried by my son. 2 contained cola and the third contained a nice Merlot.
    No bag check, no frisking (much to my disappointment). Just polite, friendly stewards. Very impressed!