Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
Bellamy hasn't managed at all. Wants to work with the youth side of things, so no experience managing at senior level.

Bellamy for me would be too much like Hughes - too pally with the the players. There needs to be some detachment. That for me is why Toshack in his last stint was so underrated - Hughes played favourites to the detriment of the team. Looking to maybe sneak an away goal in Russia? Hartson as usual knackered, 5 minutes to go? Do you bring on the pace of Earnie, who was scoring goals in a poor Prem side or do you bring on Nathan ****ing Blake?

Toshack had to blow all that crap up, stop relying on the older players living in a comfort zone. Sure, some worked, some didn't but longer term his much derided reign enabled us to take massive leaps forward.

I agree it needs to be the best qualified manager. I don't think we'd lack too many candidates - ok, issues up front and Williams will need replacing soon but there's a lot of quality in this side most Euro nations don't have in Rambo, Allen and Bale. The youngsters coming through too would make this job one quite a few managers would want.
I doubt that, he is an extremely single minded character who would love to manage Wales.

I reckon I could manage Wales , Pick Bale and Ramsey when fit. Job done. The rest stick their names in a hat.