+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea Supporters

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Swansea Supporters

7 seasons in the Premiership -that's not bad for a club with 20,000 gates - in fact it's unprecedented. I'm from an older generation that looks across the channel to Bristol City, whose fans have historically detested us - and the general Bristol population as a whole, though that attitude is slowly changing.

Swans and us rivalry ? most definitely yes, but Bristol City I genuinely dislike with gusto..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    7 seasons in the Premiership -that's not bad for a club with 20,000 gates - in fact it's unprecedented. I'm from an older generation that looks across the channel to Bristol City, whose fans have historically detested us - and the general Bristol population as a whole, though that attitude is slowly changing.

Swans and us rivalry ? most definitely yes, but Bristol City I genuinely dislike with gusto..
    Younger generation though its the Jacks. I wont forget those tw@ts wearing a orange away kit after we lost to Blackpool.

They have some pathetic supporters. Want everyone out just because they are in the bottom 3.

The fall is going to be spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

I'm with you on this one.
    Swansea used to be an irrelevance.

As an aside, is there as much cross-channel hatred between the jacks and worzels?
    I know from experience in work that Bristol people in general, not football fans, hate the Welsh.

We all 'av 'em but the Swansea fans I know personally are really no different to the Cardiff fans I know. Or Blackpool, or Cheltenham, or Charlton, or Bristol City etc.