Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
In another current thread you said that "It's amazing how people can make judgements about others without knowing all the facts and minutiae".

As far as I can remember - before he died - Peel himself voluntarily offered the opinion that the 70's were a crazy time for DJ's and although he didn't know there may have been an occasion where age verification might have been a better idea.
While I could never defend the notion of 'under-age' sex, and certainly never will, from what I have read I don't believe that Peel was a predator as such? Perhaps you know a bit more about it though.
Judging by your insinuation , you do.
He married someone who was 15 years of age is your starter for 10 - and he also said, according to the Daily Mail:
"...that girls, some as young as 13, used to queue up outside his radio station.
'All they wanted me to do was to abuse them sexually which, of course, I was only too happy to do.'
John Peel on his female teenage fans
‘Well, of course I didn’t ask for ID,’ he said. ‘All they wanted me to do was to abuse them sexually which, of course, I was only too happy to do.’ He complained that American girls had ‘this strange notion of virginity as a tangible thing which you surrendered to your husband on your wedding night. So they would do anything but s*** you’."