Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
Mark Hughes and Osian Roberts have said Giggs should be next Welsh Manager but what do they know as professional managers compared to the experts on here, they didn't want Coleman because he was a Jack! Coleman said it must be a Welshman so our experts are going for Henri?
I can't help thinking that appointing Giggs would be akin to the time Bobby Gould was announced as manager. Giggs would have been a very popular appointment, which would probably have been made years ago if he had wanted the job, and, the most important point, if he had not created the impression that he used to pick and choose his games when it came to playing for his country.

Maybe, Giggs' unavailability for friendly matches was down to Alex Ferguson, but my recollection is that Scottish, Northern Irish and Republic of Ireland players at Man United at that time tended to be available for more friendly internationals than Giggs did.

I was very surprised at the strength of feeling against Giggs when he came on against us in that game against Man United almost four years ago to the day - he was given a terrible time of it by the City fans and so I think it's fair to say that a section of the crowd at least at home Wales games would not be happy with him in charge.