Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
Well if you were stupid enough to call a black bloke a nggr and were hit either by him or his black or white girlfriend or wife then I am afraid that's real life wether it's acceptable or not goes out the window , you have commited a racially motivated public order offence and he or she has assaulted you in response to that

It's up to the police and courts to deciede what is and what isn't acceptable

If you can up to the police and said a black man or black woman just punched me in the face because I called him a ****** I reckon they wouldn't treat it as the crime of the century

That's my view , I am not black , I don't go around hitting women but if I was black and someone racially abused me I don't know how I would react to what is extreme provocation
Your last point is the most pertinent. We are not black, we cannot truly understand the anger that the N word generates for many in the black community. I know people will now allude that my claim means that "White people can't get offended", but the truth is there is no term for labelling a white person that carries the connotations, history nor significance of the N word to the black community.

And, yes, the police would most likely approach such a scenario by asking if the racist wanted to press charges, bearing in mind that the police would then have to press charges for the racially motivated public order offence.