Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
Was it? Called up for qualifying games when England had already qualified. Perfect time for kicking the tyres on what may be available.

Disagree on the first point, agree on the second.

Ah yes, forgot about that injury. Another knee injury. Looking at it, he'd already done both knees before joining Liverpool. Looking at that, I'd personally not want to touch a player with numerous knee injuries, especially a striker. Way too much risk for reward.

Well, that's not really how the ceiling for potential works but... evidence suggest Ings has peaked as at best a sub for Liverpool. Healey it's still uncertain; could well be a late bloomer but has something about him. Again, Healey is fourth choice at best for us. Chances are he won't necessarily go on to do much. Nothing's certain. All I'm saying is that if the stars align, everything goes amazingly well, I think he'd be a better player than Ings. Doesn't mean he will.

Ings ratio is 1 in 3.2 recurring appearances. Not as big a difference there, Bogle having a smaller sample size in terms of appearances.
To make an England squad is still a good achievement that I can't see being matched by Bogle or Healey

He's been unlucky with injuries but came back stronger to score 21 goals for Burnley

Its generally agreed that the level that you play at in your mid 20s is roughly where you'll stay for some time, sure you get the occasional Jamie Vardy but, more often then not, 24/25 is when players stop developing hugely

Bogle does have a smaller sample size, which counts against him compared to Ings' larger sample size