Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
Agreed, but fear can work - see Ferguson. Warnock also has a great balance imo - players respect him enough to know when the hair dryer treatment is given out, it's deserved and for good reason.

What I don't want to see is a situation we had under Hughes where his relationship with players led to a situation where certain players were undroppable, playing despite their form suggesting otherwise.
I'm not sure we did agree there mate.

If Wales want to go for the Fergie type and run things that way, then it would be a massive step away from "the Welsh way". If you buy into that idea. A huge part of that philosophy, mainly derived from the Osian Roberts (literal) school of thought, is that coaches are encouraged to remain even tempered on and off the pitch. Anger is in effect a loss of control. If you need anger to wake players up to concentrate, then you've probably already failed in coaching or even selecting that player. If you had the chance to see Osian on the sidelines for any of the Welsh youth team games, 50% of his instructions shouted from the sidelines are "Relax! Relax!" (on repeat). This is usually when the team doesn't have the ball and an instruction for players to use their heads, maintain team shape and not dive in or run around like headless chickens.