Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Back in the days when I drank, I needed no second invitation to go out for a piss up, but, even in my teens and twenties, I had to be dragged out on New Years Eve because I couldn't stand it. All that forced jollity from people "letting their hair down" for the only time in a year made me wish i was home with a cup of cocoa and a good book - if I said I've had three New Year's Eves in my life that I really enjoyed, I'd be exaggerating.

I stopped going out to celebrate new Years Eve about twenty years ago and for a few years slept through the hour itself, but then we had the Millennium when the "tradition" of letting off fireworks was created, so now I just stay awake until about one o clock, - this year there's been morons around by me letting off fireworks from about five o clock - sorry for coming across all bah humbuggy, but that's the way this night has always made me feel.
Been sober to night,Mrs and the granddaughter went to bed i tried to but the fcukig fireworks i am on my 4 pint of bow and 3rd glass of cockburns