Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about the help to buy restrictions on letting, they are made to discourage wealthy people taking advantage of the deal to build their property portfolio, I can not imagine them coming down hard or even concerning themselves with your circumstance.

Obviously that is just my opinion and I have no solid knowledge behind me.

I would still draft up a very basic contract yourself, I would do this even for my family or best friend. I also wouldn't let anyone know you have restrictions and let it out at market price, like usual. Really only you should (really) know about your restrictions, and then you can plead ignorance.

what ever happens do not let technicalities like this stop you doing what you want to, live is too short to follow the rules.
Cheers for the advice mate! Yeah, wouldn't have thought it's anything Help to Buy will concern themselves about or ever check up on so hopefully should be fine and like you say, wouldn't mention it to any potential tenants eitherway. HTB do actually allow people to rent properties under special circumstances but from what I've read they only include things such as being forced to move away for work or redundancy etc. Doubt they would see 'going for a year long jolly around the world' as a suitable circumstance but not sure if it would be worth asking anyway or maybe this might be a bit of a give away regarding my plans!