Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
Therefore, it is not wise for you to recommend coconut oil to people who may be getting saturated fats from meat.

I have googled "Coconut oil for diabetes", and there is not a peer-reviewed study out there. There's a hell of a lot of p-hacking though, and there's also a lot of anecdotal evidence. But, no peer-reviewed study. Until we have one, such Google searches are going to come back with misinformation.

Also, just because people are giving it to dogs, it isn't really enough to convince me that we should be recommending it to human beings. It's a shame because it would be a cheaper option for the NHS. I wonder why they aren't rolling it out?
Do you read all of the posts in a thread? you must have missed where I said: "Obviously I'm not an expert and I'm not telling anyone what to do, I'm just saying what has been working for me"

I did not say because people are giving it to dogs we should give it to humans I just meant if people are interested in the subject they might want to read about how it's now being used on animals.

As for the NHS, coconut oil is a natural product so I don't think it can be patented by big pharma in it's current form, I doubt the NHS will be dishing it out until they have genetically modified in some way.

Anything else you want to pick at? I've had nothing but negativity since I've started this diet anyway, despite being 90lbs down, looking and feeling healthier than I have in 30 years people are still determined to make me feel shit about it, I'm past caring now tbh.