Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
Yes it is the second post Slade season but that makes no difference, they have still increased considerably both years since (16500 to 19144).

It is obvious from the information you have been given by various posters that Tan and the rebrand are very little, if anything, to do with why our attendances dropped since 2013/2014, the main reasons are the quality of football, lack of success and hopeless managers who couldnt connect with the fans but you still are chosing to disregard this. As pointed out to you, we have actually added the equivalent of a Newport County crowd to our attendances in the last two years but you also ignore this. By the end of the season, if we keep towards the top end of the table, our average attendance will be considerably higher than last season and most likely at or around the figures you have quoted for 2011/12. This doesnt indicate a crisis or loss of interest in City at all and certainly isnt 'pitiful' as you suggest.
What information is this then? It's all quite subjective and there are maybe 3,119 reasons why 3,119 fewer people now attend on average than in 2011/12. I can offer anecdotal evidence for 5 of those 3,119 (family members who watched every home game in the 23 draws in one season season), and I can chip in with long time fans like TLG, Alfie Sherwood, TVB from this board. I can also tell you that a few fans that sat close to me at Ninian Park and then at the new ground all stopped going citing Tan as their reason.

But, of course, we should ignore this and blame it all on 2 seasons of Slade.

BTW - I am not blaming it 100% on Tan. But, to hear people defend him when he has plainly had a negative effect (as witnessed on this board alone) and claim he has had no impact on the viewing habits of entire families, especially in the face of the comparison with 2011/12 is laughable.

I also point you in the direction of Nick's link - I don't use that board, but a few people seem to have an opinion that matches mine - and that Tan is also the reason why they have stopped going.

But, let's not let facts, figures and testimonies get in the way of blindly defending Cheque Book Tan.