+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zohore - indispensible or time for a kick up the arse?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Zohore - indispensible or time for a kick up the arse?

He's good, just not good enough for our style. Many of his chances seem to be him running on an angle and shooting near post, easily saved. Shame really he looked a tank in the second half of last season, but we need someone in and pronto.

Also for what it's worth, his goal today, probably wouldn't have been a goal as the keeper had given up on the play. But nonetheless, it wasn't a foul.

Re: Zohore - indispensible or time for a kick up the arse?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    He's good, just not good enough for our style. Many of his chances seem to be him running on an angle and shooting near post, easily saved. Shame really he looked a tank in the second half of last season, but we need someone in and pronto.

Also for what it's worth, his goal today, probably wouldn't have been a goal as the keeper had given up on the play. But nonetheless, it wasn't a foul.
    This was true early in the season as well. Eric's stats ignore the fact that we has scored in eight in our previous two games with Zohore in the line up and that early in the season we were right up there among the leaders in the goal attempts and attempts on target figures, while Zohore's figures for his own goal attempts were high as well - trouble is most of the time they were from the sort of areas Der Kaiser describes.

The disallowing of last night's goal sums up how things are going for Ken this season, his luck is down and I feel he is a player whose head can drop quicker than with many other players. He's not being helped either by the fact that the service to him since he has returned has, for the most part, been dreadful if you are looking to play to his strengths. He can be criticised for not being as effective a "traditional" target man as he should be given his size, but, even when is was really on form last season, we got little out of the ploy of booting it up to him to win in the air - yet since his return we seem to think that his injury break has transformed him into Andy Carroll!

It's so instructive that, when we did finally give him the sort of pass he thrives on, he created a goal for Joe Ralls. It's been mentioned that last season's purple patch was a one off for Zohore and maybe it was because the sort of service from which he is most effective tends to mean that the odds are often against him scoring when he gets a shooting opportunity.

Even if he doesn't increase his scoring rate for the rest of the season, I still agree with jon 1959 that he is the best option we have to lead the attack and I'd still feel the same way if we signed one of the players we have been linked with this month - in my view, two things need to happen with Zohore, first the service to him has to improve a lot and second he needs to get his head right (I agree with Neil Warnock that his problems are mental rather than physical at the moment).