Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
The Independent newspaper ran a story about some threats and we can only speculate as to their true origin. My un-researched guess is that it was contrived by the broadcaster as damage limitation for what was a car crash of an interview from the perspective of their employee. Highly ironic given much of the topic of the interview is in regard to woman getting opportunities for the best jobs (and the pay gap). Don't get me wrong, women should definitely get the best jobs if they are worthy and all societies need to empower women in general. But Newman is far from worthy. The goal of an interviewer is to extract from the interviewee what exactly is that they are about and what thinking, not to try and railroad them into verbal mistakes which mis-represent how they feel.

Peterson classifies himself as a "classic British liberal". But because Marxist absurdities seem to be ingrained into so many in Western societies right now, they get triggered him and think he is a distance away from the centre ground. Though he is neither, he has been branded far right, or alt right and even both at the same time. This is truly ridiculous given "alt-right" (libertarianism) and the far right (authoritarian dictatorship) are philosophically opposite to one another. Those that use the terms in the same breath, or think they are related, are severely lacking in their understanding of politics. The fact that Newman tried to bat Peterson off as "alt right" only showed why she should not have been in the position to "interview" him.

If Peterson was alt right or far right I wouldn't be championing him. The man is a colossus. A needed voice for these times.

Sorry, this should be in the politics forum.
Damage limitation? Was it shown live? They could have just pulled it, no?

I have actually only watched 14 minutes so far as I need to go out but I think her analytical naivety and commitment to what she sees as a problem in society actually brings out the best in him. The danger for peripheral figures is that they spend all their time 'debating' with people that drool over their every utterance (we see this a lot these days) so good on channel four for inviting him in and trying to challenge him.