Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
Why have you put speech marks around people? They're people.

The EU has absolutely no say or influence on us taking immigrants from non EU countries, certainly none that we can't veto. Maybe we should just get hard Brexit, so our country is so shit no immigrants will want to come anyway.

Exactly, we actually have our own rules on which and how many non-EU migrants we allow into the country, the EU have no say on that. EU free movement is about the free movement of EU nationals - which, again, we actually have a say over, we can stop some EU nationals coming in to the country as well - just because we don't exercise these rights is not the fault of the EU. I wish people would stop blaming the EU for immigration issues, any issues are the fault of the UK government, not the EU. A lot of people voted for Brexit because of immigration, however I believe their issues with immigration are not because of EU nationals but because of non-EU nationals, well I'm sorry to say that with the outflux of EU nationals we're going to end up with an influx of non-EU nationals to replace them, the people who you didn't want here in the first place.

I think we're going to end up with a Brexit at any cost causing massive damage to the UK economy, and just to keep the vocal minority happy.