Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
just looked on the bbc website, he felt contact and went down, so now if someone touches you , you go down. (might have a word with the wife - I digress) I suppose alli felt contact as well. Typical premier league shite that filters down all divisions.
Which one are you referring to? With Kane, he was ankle tapped running at full sprint, I defy you to stay on your feet when your ankle has been clipped, even the most honest and toughest of rugby players are felled by ankle tapping. My point was he did make the fall look a little exaggerated but sometimes you seemingly need to do that these days due to inconsistent refereeing.

As for Lamela, he did go down maybe when he could have stayed up but Van Dijk clouted him pretty forcefully with his knee. Totally Van Dijk's fault for giving the ref a decision to make and by the letter of the law, a rock solid penalty.

It does make me laugh that every pundit and commentator last night agreed both were fair penalties and certainly not dives, yet people on social media and forums are adamant they know better