Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
I’d probably up Patterson by .5 and downgrade Manga .5
I agree with this, especially the latter.
I have always banged the drum for Bruno and I still think he is a very good player, but an attacking right back he is not.

Not wishing to be critical of anyone, especially after a good battling team performance but he got into two great positions in the second half and fluffed his lines miserably.
The first was when our forwards attacked a great cross from the left and the ball fell to him just inside the box and he hit it first time and skied it. He had time and space to control it and get a decent shot off.
The second was a really poorly executed cross from a good position which went straight out, miles over the bar.

Then defensively he was caught out too high up when Downing picked the ball up in his own half, ran with it and luckily for us shot wide.

We were better when Peltier came on and Bruno moved inside but that was tactical to protect our lead.

IMO it's difficult to drop Manga but unless NW plays 3 central at the back (alongside Sol and Mozza) with 2 wing backs, he may struggle to fit in.
It could work if Sol played just in front of a back four but it would be dependant on the opposition.

As I said, it is hard to be too critical, especially as they were limited to very few oppprtunities, but those few things could have been costly in such a tight game.