Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I'm not going to do a blog piece on yesterdays game because I'm going to be pretty busy all day.

I'm always not sure whether people say "excellent post" because they genuinely think it is very good or because they agree with it, so I'll just say that you've covered virtually everything I would have said there right down to Watson's struggles at centreback, Blackburn being good and your opinion on the style of play these days from the Under 23s.

Like you, I thought both full backs did pretty well under trying circumstances and I left thinking that if the pair of them do not even seem to be considered for the first team when we have five senior players in their position out with injuries, when will they ever be? If they are not in Neil Warnock's plans at all at this time in their development, is there any point in keeping them here?

I don't have the team sheet to hand at the moment, so I can't give you his name, but the trialist number eight quite impressed me - I hope he gets another chance with us.
Tom Walters. Did ok but it was a shocking pass from him that led to their third goal. Hard to judge anyone on yesterday's game though.

I agree with you about the full backs. I've said before that the Mansfield home game was the chance to give one of them a game but Warnock brought Bennett back in (even though the plan was to rest him) and said he had no choice. I was speculating yesterday how many of those two plus Veale, Harris and Waite will still be here next season. One, two at the most I reckon, we'll see. Ollie Byrne has already gone, to Blackburn. No sign of Meite lately. They obviously haven't finished the rebuilding at that level yet.

How do the under-18s set up these days, by the way? Any sign of them being made to play in a more direct style?