Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
After the EU are behaving in their negotiating - would you honestly want to go back with them. It's a bit like telling your Mrs you dont love her any more and want a divorce - and then expecting her to treat you nicely!!!!.

This seems to be a very cynical attempt by Old Labour (the new ones have all but gone) to force an election, and then force either a second referendum or be out of the EU - but effectively still be controlled by it. Customs Union (or even a version of it) means you have to accept all the rules - free movement of people, no trade deals with anyone else etc.

The way Corbyn was speaking the other day - was as if he was Prime Minister already - detailing what he would do etc.

This seems to be the sort of skull duggery that Blair / Mandelson have thought up. It may work - but I think if it did - there would be a serious constitutional crisis.

In or out - there was a referendum and a decision made. What appears to be happening is that this would be ignored and over ruled if a Labour Govt came in. On the other side of the coin - may has to get the customs union bit through Parliament - I think, which is going to be tricky with the numbers she has etc. I wouldnt want to be in a politicians shoes - as they are playing a very dangerous game.

It seems the only way to leave the EU, is a clean no deal Brexit, with no money to pay. The alternative is to go begging back to them, on lesser terms than we had, no rebate etc etc etc.

Interesting times we live in.
Its almost like he's Leader of the Opposition