Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
Tom Walters. Did ok but it was a shocking pass from him that led to their third goal. Hard to judge anyone on yesterday's game though.

I agree with you about the full backs. I've said before that the Mansfield home game was the chance to give one of them a game but Warnock brought Bennett back in (even though the plan was to rest him) and said he had no choice. I was speculating yesterday how many of those two plus Veale, Harris and Waite will still be here next season. One, two at the most I reckon, we'll see. Ollie Byrne has already gone, to Blackburn. No sign of Meite lately. They obviously haven't finished the rebuilding at that level yet.

How do the under-18s set up these days, by the way? Any sign of them being made to play in a more direct style?
Sorry, I didn't see this until I went to post that message about today's game.

No, I can't say I've noticed a change of approach from the Under 18s, they still seek to build from the back, but it almost seems like a separate project from their seniors this season given that there appears to be no progression from it into the Development side, let alone the first team.