Making predictions is a tough job. How do you (not just the OP, but a general 'you') come to a decision? Do you look at league positions, form (home/away or combined), previous results between the two sides etc. There are so many variables.

Take Villa's games. On paper you'd think they look pretty easy, based on league position. Bolton, prior to defeat by Preston, had gone 6 unbeaten at home, including wins over us and Bristol City, though they've only managed 1 win since beating the carrot crunchers. Hull have won 4 of their last 7 and are in the best form they've showed all season. Reading are better away than they are at home. I think Villa will do well to win all three. They'll want a response after last night's showing but going to a team fighting relegation is probably not what they want at the moment. I'll be generous and suggest Villa will get 6 points, but I think it'll be less.

After QPR's unexpected win at Villa, does that suggest they can do the same at Fulham? My gut reaction is no. Fulham have done the double over QPR in 3 of the last 5 seasons they've been in the same division and I would guess that QPR would be desperate not to have to suffer another double over their closest rivals. QPR won at Craven cottage last season though. Norwich's home form has been poor all season but they've only lost twice in 14 league games, drawing 6 of their last 7. Leeds have been shit this year, winning only once and I wouldn't expect them to get anything at Fulham. You'd guess Fulham should win all 3, but I think there'll be points dropped. There's also their long, unbeaten run to consider. Logic suggests that a long run of form is more likely to continue, but the longer it goes on for, the more incredible it becomes and so becomes less likely that it carries on. As an example, if a team goes 10 games unbeaten, then that's a good achievement. If the run goes to 20 games unbeaten, it becomes a very good achievement. If it goes to 30 games, it's an unbelievable achievement etc, so the run is arguably more likely to end the longer it goes on.

Which goes on to us. 7 wins on the trot is fantastic. Derby are in freefall, Burton should be beaten while Sheffield United's form has been inconsistent this year. I see no reason why we couldn't win those 3, but runs of 10 wins on the trot are very few and far between (only once at this level in 15 years). The probability is that our bubble will be pricked sooner than later, but I feel that it would only be a temporary setback, rather than the sign of a slump in form.

Anyway, not bothered about Wolves, but I think we'll get 6 points, same with Villa, Fulham get 7. 6 points clear with 6 to go would be a great position. The pressure would be huge on Villa then and we're just the side to exploit that!