Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
So Warlock's tactics were obvious to all: negate Wolves attacking flair by asking Paterson and Wildschut to man-mark their marauding full backs. And it worked. By half-time, I felt we had begun to impose ourselves on the game and it was there to be won.

The problem was that midfield was left to Gunnars and Bryson. I'm not saying that they played badly - to the contrary, I thought they played their hearts out - but Joe Ralls would have been immense in the middle today, and would have swung the match our way.

Do I have to add that Joe would have sunk those penalties too?

Yesterday, our injury situation also deprived us of an alternative striker when Zohore tired. Danny Ward is a better option than Madine who seems to run around like a battering ram with little end product. Ward is a footballer.

With Ralls and Ward available, we would have won.
Having watched all of Ralls penalties (the second one against Norwich), I'd back him to score from one of them, but I'd say he'd have had the mental toughness to take, and score from, the second one if he had missed the first one.

Regarding Bryson, as someone who has been quite critical of him in the past, I thought he was one of our better players last night.

Not sure if being a "footballer" is any guarantee of getting you a place in the starting line up of a Warnock team.