Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
It is a strange reaction considering they actively changed the law, this hasn't landed upon them. They were either thick or evil - I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say thick.
Just listened to a lovely elderly lady from the Caribbean, who was caught up in this , she was so reasoned to why and how this has happened , not wishing to blame , but calmly and rightly seek a solution and explanation as to how some folk got caught between legislation changes since 1943 and the right to work 2012 bill brought about by folks attitude in this country to immigration.

Some of these poor folk got caught due to simple ignorance, some caught through civil service incompetence, some through lack of understanding , and poor education , many of us in times like this rush to blame the political party they dislike so much , no one would wish this headline .

If it was a thought through right wing political agenda ,it was a crazy one and an unlikely one in my view , as it effects a tiny minority in relation to the population ,and a much bigger unwanted headline.

According to the Caribbean lady who came over with the Windrush , they are all mainly very elderly folk now , some too frightened/ cautious out of ignorance to come forward , or simply not that organised to find or able too substantiate thier lost or never held paperwork , it was left fester or was hidden away, as a consequence , by not coming forward that left them a void of not knowing on either side ,real folk and paperwork clock up then folliwed .

All very sad, however ,thankfully it all looks like being addressed , thank God , as we owe them a lot.

Going back in time , I can remember their arrival on our shores the dreadful headlines when they took up jobs in inner cities being badly taken ,folk looked down upon them called them names and isolated them into specific areas and communities and that in my experince ordinary working class folk, poorly aimed insults and name calling followed, which I won't repeat , as its was shameful ,as it was forced upon us by our own folk and not just as our inotbwilling to drive buses, trains , empty bins etc , how times have changed ,thankfully for the better ,that includes governents and awful folk like Enoch Powell and TV charecters like All Garnett accusing coloured folk of taking our jobs which ironically we didnt want , that was the biggest insult and crime we delivered to our Caribbean friends .