+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I may have a ticket going spare (but there's a catch)

I may have a ticket going spare (but there's a catch)

My nephew can't come with us and unless I can find someone else suitable I may well have a £5 under-16s family stand ticket available.

Obviously that's not much use to the typical ticketless fan but if it does work for you let me know and I can confirm soon if it's available or not.

Re: I may have a ticket going spare (but there's a catch)

Silly question ....... Do they actually check at the stadium????

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    They don’t anymore in the Canton. I would imagine they would in the Family stand though, especially Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    There are plenty who get in with kid tickets.

I've never known them check, have taken a mate to mid week games my daughter can't get to, may be different on Sunday who knows.

Sometimes the stewards are watching the lights on the turnstyles, if you put a concession ticket in the light comes on a different colour to an adults ticket, or something like that. My mate got caught using his nephew's ticket and they chucked him out.

When you go through the turnstile there is a set of three lights on display which indicate to a steward, who is usually watching nearby, what type of ticket holder the ticket is for i.e. adult, concession or under 16. If the light doesnt tally with what the steward sees they usually will stop you and check the ticket. They obviously do miss some but will probably be more vigilant Sunday with such a big crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    When you go through the turnstile there is a set of three lights on display which indicate to a steward, who is usually watching nearby, what type of ticket holder the ticket is for i.e. adult, concession or under 16. If the light doesnt tally with what the steward sees they usually will stop you and check the ticket. They obviously do miss some but will probably be more vigilant Sunday with such a big crowd.
    I am yet to see one facing my way or even be near the vicinity of the entrance (concourse side before someone mentiones the ones stood outside)

I agree they will likely be on the ball Sunday, although judging on my experiences every time I've been there in different entrances it makes no difference, they've never so much as threatened to check.

Send your mate through first who distracts the steward with a question.

In this instance if challenged I’m sure the truth would actually work.

Sort of a .... “I bought ticket for my nephew and he couldn’t come, and there were no other kids I could bring so brought a friend who was desperate not to miss today. Will happily pay the difference”

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    In this instance if challenged I’m sure the truth would actually work.

Sort of a .... “I bought ticket for my nephew and he couldn’t come, and there were no other kids I could bring so brought a friend who was desperate not to miss today. Will happily pay the difference”
    If in doubt, just go to the ticket office and pay the difference !

I've done it loads of times with my grand-daughters season ticket, costs about £15

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    My nephew can't come with us and unless I can find someone else suitable I may well have a £5 under-16s family stand ticket available.

Obviously that's not much use to the typical ticketless fan but if it does work for you let me know and I can confirm soon if it's available or not.
    Can’t you phone the ticket office, and they can upgrade it to a adult ticket, it’s not a extra ticket it’s the same seat etc

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Can’t you phone the ticket office, and they can upgrade it to a adult ticket, it’s not a extra ticket it’s the same seat etc
    This, you can upgrade it. We did it for the last home game.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    This, you can upgrade it. We did it for the last home game.
    I don’t think I can because then we’d have 4 adults and 1 child, which you can’t have in the family stand. Think it’s only 2 adults per 1 child.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    That's clever , I like it .

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    I don’t think I can because then we’d have 4 adults and 1 child, which you can’t have in the family stand. Think it’s only 2 adults per 1 child.
    Oh well. Cut one of the adults legs off at the knees then... that should do it

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    This. Worked a few times for family.