I probably saw my new location at it's best in May, but, my early morning walks with my dog and remaining cat were a pleasure last month as I wandered about in some beautiful settings in a light that was so clear and crisp - some mornings I'd think that if my black and white missing cat was wandering about on one of the mountains, the view was so clear I would have been able to see him.

I'm only into my third month of living up the valleys, but,at the moment I don't regret it at all. There are some locations quite close by where the nearest shop seems miles away, but I'm lucky because there are a few where I can buy all of the "basics" within five minutes walk of here.

The biggest "con" for me is the road transport to Cardiff - I'm sorry, I cannot have too much sympathy for those complaining about the A470 when the main road in the upper Rhondda is so narrow that it only needs someone to double park and it causes terrible queues at certain times of the day. Similarly, buses (which are, for me, too frequent because they always seem virtually empty at certain times of day) are impossible to pass in certain areas if they are stopped. I mentioned before that the difference in roads to Cardiff and Swansea from where I live is huge - Swansea is a little further away than Cardiff from where I am, but the only time I drove there, at quite a busy time of day, it took me half an hour less than what it normally takes when I drive to Cardiff.

That said, the last time I visited where I used to live in North West Cardiff, I had to wait at three sets of recently installed traffic lights within about a mile on Llantrissant Road - I think I picked the ideal time to move out of that part of Cardiff!