Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Seems like I'm on your ignore list then (maybe because I didn't bother replying to your long post on debt to equity in what I'm pretty sure was a transfer budget thread).

Anyway, i agree with you about Vincent Tan being probably unaware of the FFP regulations when he made those comments about debt to equity conversion - that doesn't reflect well on him or the club if true, but isn't the real point here that our owner appears to be going ahead with the conversion as quickly as the regulations will allow him to? I've been a frequent critic of his and will probably be again, but the impression I get from this thread is that you started it not expecting to get an answer to the question you asked in the OP, then, having got one that didn't really suit your agenda, you've had to accept what is very much a consolation prize.
No, a consolation prize would be something like writing a match report on a game that you heard on radio. Me being corrected by actual evidence is not really a consolation prize. Mind you, let's be honest, FFP was not the ORIGINAL reason for the lack of debt to equity conversion. Other reasons included Langstone, Getting to the Premier League, Staying in the Premier League and a few others. It would be disingenuous to just pin the debt to the FFP rules when Tan has history of moving the goal posts on this very topic.

Sorry Croesy - that's my third consecutive post in this thread. Call the men in white coats.