Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
No, a consolation prize would be something like writing a match report on a game that you heard on radio. Me being corrected by actual evidence is not really a consolation prize. Mind you, let's be honest, FFP was not the ORIGINAL reason for the lack of debt to equity conversion. Other reasons included Langstone, Getting to the Premier League, Staying in the Premier League and a few others. It would be disingenuous to just pin the debt to the FFP rules when Tan has history of moving the goal posts on this very topic.

Sorry Croesy - that's my third consecutive post in this thread. Call the men in white coats.
oo, that first sentence really cuts me to the quick . The only "match reports" as I define the term you'll read on the blog are occasional ones concerning Under 21 or Under 18 matches - whether I watched the game in the flesh or not, 95 % or more of what I write are reflections on matters arising from the game , rather than a blow by blow account, anyone wanting to read something like that, should avoid my blog.

So, you're telling me that you didn't start this thread with the purpose of having another go at Vincent Tan about debt to equity after the other members of this Board couldn't come up with the answer to your original question? In the event, Penarth Blues found something which explains things quickly and succinctly. You say there were other reasons for the delay originally, but were there really? I'm beginning to think that it's always been just the one reason (the reason discovered by Penarth Blues) and the club were reluctant to divulge it because they didn't think it reflected well on them.

As I mentioned before though, whatever the rights and wrongs of what I say the simple fact is that Vincent Tan wentg ahead with the conversion as quickly as the Championship FFP regulations allowed him to - perhaps the ones for the Premier League will mean that we will see something different in the accounts for 18/19 when they are published?